Thursday, September 23, 2010

A Chat With Abunchofscrap!

Abunchofscrap was kind enough to take part in my seller interview series, and share her experiences with us!  She is a paper-crafter with skills AND style!


1) How long have you been selling on Etsy, and what products did you start out with? Have those products changed over time? 
 

Started a year and one month ago but Etsy changed it for some reason last month my anniversary date. Always scrapbooking products. I have had to change my fav. thing to do, which was layouts to things that sell, now i sell lots of tags.


2) What made you to decide to sell what you sell? 

I started selling scrapbooking layouts around 11 years ago when my first son was born. I was home and bord to death. I started out at Ebay. I did that until I went back to the working field. Years past but I didn't post much on Ebay but, had a few regualar clients that I did albums for (still have them). A year ago I decided that I needed to make the most of all the products I had and the really start to let my creative juices flow. I wanted to share more than my talents but to create for others life time memories by selling my scrapbooking layouts. Thus, Etsy became my main store and now I have found the best people and shops ever.

3) You've had a great deal of success selling on Etsy, what's your number one hint or bit of advice you'd give a newbie?

create create create. Don't let slow times make you stop creating what you want. When you have something special, others will notice with a bit of marketing you will make it happen.


4) What do you like most about selling on Etsy?

The thing I love the most is to see all the creative talented people out there sharing and trying to become noticed. Expression is so powerful and when we do it through art it is the most wonderful thing.

5) What do you like least about selling on Etsy?

The least thing I like about Etsy is those who make comments about others in a negitive way. This is usually only done in forums or chat but is sometimes reflected in feedback section. Negitive energy is not good for buisness.


6) Do you market your Etsy shop elsewhere online? If so, where, and why?

I want to be sucessful and make more money. I would love to help support our household income. So, I have recently started to utilize the internet by creating a blog, twitter, and joining some clubs like TSU (treasure seekers unit), spottedcanary, and splitcoaststampers. In the future I will probably open my own web site but for now I need to focus on getting more traffic into my Etsy shop.

7) How do you come up with ideas for your creations?

Nature, Friends, Family, Life basically sums up my inspiration


8) What is your favorite item (in your shop)?

I don't really have a fav item in my shop. I love them all. I don't list things that I don't love. If I create something that is OK then I don't post it. I either throw it out or use it for something else.

9) What is your take on "relisting"?



You have to do it you can't just sit on items and hope that people will go to page 500 to see your items.


Zebra print purse GIFT CARD HOLDER! 

1 comment:

  1. Abunch great answers to great questions..

    Joan you are more than welcome to send peeps my way when you get a moment. here is my main blog and my etsy shop site..

    nbrsspot.blogspot.com and www.bri2004.etsy.com. enjoy and hope this helps you bunchy..

    ReplyDelete