Saturday, October 9, 2010

By The Fireplace


     After the aforementioned rains, the weather cooled off delightfully.  I decided it was time to gather the firewood and kick off my favorite time of the year... fireplace season!

                               ~
I also made a trip to the free book exchange in the local pharmacy, where I collected a mountain of FREE books to read by the fire.  My cat Driftwood found a place to curl up and enjoy the fire - right at my feet on a soft, warm afghan.  These days have been so wonderful and healing.  Staring into the fire sends me immediately into a meditative, trance-like state.  It is such an ancient connection that we share with fire.

                          ~

This incredible Print is my favorite artistic representation of a nice quiet evening by the fire with a book and a cup of tea. It was created by Etsy Seller PomFreitag , who hails from Minneapolis, MN.  I'll bet they know all about the comfort of a warm fire in the cold weather up there!!  You can find her awesome shop HERE.  It is definitely one of my new favorites.

     Unfortunately for me, the weather has taken a turn yet again and the entire week is back up to 80 degrees again!  The only time it is cold enough for a fire is just before dawn, and by the time I get it started, it is heating up outside again.  Every day we have nice, summer-ish weather, I feel that I'm being robbed of another wonderful evening by the fire!  But soon enough I will be complaining about the cold, as it tends to dip below freezing often here in the winter months.  Honestly, I really can't wait!!

  I will throw open the comments section for any and all book recommendations to share.  What will YOU be reading by the fire this year?
 
click the picture to check out PomFreitag's AMAZING Etsy Shop!

1 comment:

  1. That's an amazing picture. I'm going to get a cup of hot cocoa now...

    ReplyDelete